IETF Administration LLC Executive Director (Interim)
(Formerly IETF Administrative Director (IAD)
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)

On Dec 25, 2018, at 12:22 PM, Allison Mankin <allison.mankin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apologies for the terse message though. I’m sure we can discuss after New Year, and I wish you all the very best new year

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 9:30 AM Allison Mankin <allison.mankin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wasn’t given a final look, but this doesn’t have the budget that was handed in for IRTF.

As mentioned separately, although the 2019 budget format has changed, the funds requested for IRTF and ANRW were included as submitted.

The 2019 budget went through a rigorous review process by the then IAOC Finance Committee, the IAOC, and finally approved by the LLC Board in Bangkok during IETF 103.  We understand and appreciate it is a change; however, it will be important for the permanent Board to have a holistic view of the budget for reviewing actual costs, which is why all meeting related expenses fall under meetings rather than appear in separate places.

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 8:37 AM Lars Eggert <lars@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 2018-12-20, at 21:21, Portia Wenze-Danley <pwdanley@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please note the approved 2019 IETF Administration LLC budget has been posted and can be found at the following links.

which line item is the IRTF covered under?

During the budgeting process, and with input from the IRTF Chair, we determined that the IRTF discretionary budget line was used for the IRTF dinners only at meetings and it made sense to include them in the meeting expenses section to provide the true cost of meetings.

Thanks and hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Lars