Re: game over, EH [Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-06]

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:12 AM Jared Mauch wrote:
> UDP is filtered or policed by network operators not because they want
> it, but as self-defense.  Nothing personal.  If you are on the end of
> a long subsea circuits, you may not be able to use UDP based
> protocols.  If you are trying to SNMP poll over public internet
> because you think you can e2e, you will become sad.  No operator wants
> to deploy these configurations, they must because of the problems.

I do get the need for self-defense. But ...

Does this apply to all UDP or just specific UDP-based protocols?

What I commented on specifically was UDP/443 (QUIC), something
that people are actually trying to deploy.

If you block it, is that based on evidence of actual UDP/443 attacks?

Mike Heard