Re: IPv6 was Re: www.irtf.org unreachable?

my point, of course, is that IPv6 adoption in Australia is woefully low (or sensibly low, YMMW), so evangelism is still needed here.

Shipping boxes also capable of IPv6 is not sufficient when network designers don't use it.. IPv6 will have arrived when box builders start removing all that legacy IPv4 code.

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Monday, November 12, 2018, 10:48 am, Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Nov 12, 2018, at 06:36, Lloyd Wood <lloyd.wood=40yahoo.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ....and the Internet Society of Australia's IPv6 resource site has been
> offline for months.
>

> https://web.archive.org/web/20180318171852/http://www.ipv6.org.au/
>
> traceroute www.ipv6.org.au

I’m not surprised.  For most of us the time when the move to IPv6 motivated some form of activism is long over.
Now it’s all about aging out of equipment that is not IPv6 capable; this will take a while but doesn’t require IPv6 pep sites.
(I do like the sites where I can monitor the global progress; thank you Google, Akamai, and many more that should be mentioned.)

Grüße, Carsten