Re: The Friday Experiment

funny - I'd go the other way -- (cash or meeting fee credit) prize for hackaton or codesprint opensource work that benefits the IETF or its protocols, together with 10 minute presentation showcasing the work at the plenary.

On 11/13/2018 9:49 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
Yup. The announcements in general are pretty distracting.

    <mailto:lberger@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    >  and do a  hackathon 'prize' award in the IETF plenary.

    I dislike the “competition” part of the hackathon. The goal is to
    write running code. One group is not “better” than another. I wish
    it would stop running a “competition” and stop announcing “winners”.

    Paul