Re: The Friday Experiment

I think it would be good to understand how/if the experiment influenced attendance.

I know there is a good community discussion that can/should be had on why attendance was so low in Bangkok, and that how the experiment may or may not have contributed to this is just part of that discussion.

Even though we don't have a BCP on ietf meeting week structure, I'd still be interested in hearing why BCP93 wasn't used for the process experiment. Had it been, we would have a better idea of what metrics should be collected and would be used to gauge success of this experiment.

Lou

FWIW my personal feeling is that IETFs are a huge investment of time and resources, and shortening our face-to-face time diminishes the "ROI" on attendance.  Informal meeting time *is* very important, but parallel side/informal meetings have always taken place and won't/don't benefit from a dedicated day to warrant impacting formal meeting time.

If the meeting is too long for the hackathon+ietf attendees, I personally would love to see an experiment that runs the hackaton all week in parallel with the meetings -- and do a  hackathon 'prize' award in the IETF plenary.