Re: [IAB] IAB report to the community for IETF 103

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 9:08 PM Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The IETF security ADs provided feedback to ETSI on this ETSI work last year and ETSI responded in liaison statement CYBER(17)011006r1.  The IAB generally agreed with the IETF security Area Directors' analysis.

ETSI seem to have ignored the request regarding the name (this is
called eTLS, the last one was called mcTLS).  They have also changed
to a different design, specifically the one in
draft-green-tls-static-dh-in-tls13.  That design is considerably
simpler than mcTLS, but it's a design that was abandoned even by its
proponents for several good reasons (lack of forward security and lack
of transparency being the ones I remember offhand).