Re: IESG and IETF Chair report for IETF 103

On 02/11/2018 11:43, IETF Chair wrote:
> The report from myself and the IESG in advance of IETF 103 is available
> here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-ietf-sessa-ietf-chair-and-iesg-report-ietf-103-01.

Many thanks for the presentation and the plenary, Alissa,

I'm wondering if we might do some very careful work to present diversity
statistics. This might build evidence for some of what was discussed in
the open mic portion of the plenary. In the past I have seen requests
for this elsewhere in IETF but also in the larger technical community.
For example there was an analysis done of ICANN mailing list engagement
and meeting attendance. It wasn't comprehensive but it was precise. And
therefore useful!

If there is interest, IETFers Gurshabad (Centre for Internet and
Society) Nick Doty have developed a reliable methodology with the
intention of presenting a solid analysis. I believe Gurshabad has
already written for diversity stats on meeting attendance, but if we can
conduct this activity as a community we are all the better for it.

-Mallory

--
Mallory Knodel
Head of Digital :: article19.org