Re: language diversity (was: Re: Diversity considerations)

IMHO, english is _the_ language of international communications,
and the primary goal should be to give strong guidance to countries to
have kids speak and write english fluently. ...

Sorry, but this completely misses the point I was making. I agree that it makes sense for the IETF to do its work in English.

But there are several billion people in the world who for various reasons do not speak English, or prefer to speak their own langauge to each other. Wouldn't it be nice if the Internet worked for them, too? That's why I want people who understand how their own languages work and can check the assumptions we make who speak English and other languages written in the Latin alphabet.

R's,
John