Re: Personal Information in the IETF Datatracker

Hi John,

On 2018-09-26 17:54, John C Klensin wrote:
>> Good point.  We'll be repeating the consent request to people
>> who have not given it before the deadline; in order to do
>> better next time I've added this at the end of the email
>> template:
>>
>>    In case you prefer to not follow any email links, due to
>> phishing    considerations, please just go to the datatracker
>> and use the menu    entries to log in or check the help pages
>> The links above are provided    for your convenience, but it
>> works just as well to go the datracker    manually and do
>> what's needed.
>>
>> (Thoughts on the wording are welcome.)

> I think that is excellent.  Three small editorial suggestions:
>
> (i) drop "any" from "any email links".  It isn't the point.

Fixed.

> (ii) add "with any of your identities" to "to log in".

Actually, there is only one login per person, so this should not
change.

(At least that's the case unless you have two independent person
records, which could happen if for instance one draft would give
your name as A. Nonymous <a@xxxxxxxxxxx> and another would use
A.B. Nonymous <ab@xxxxxxxxxxx> -- then each of those might have one
login of its own.  Cases like that we merge together when we discover
them.)

> (iii) Do you want to point people to help pages or more directly
> to their profiles?

I think the links given currently are sufficient indication of where
people could go.  I'm removing the mention of help pages from the
text above, for the revised consent request email.

Thanks!

	Henrik