Re: General non-confidential input to NomCom

Hi Brian,

Thanks for sharing this. It has struck me as strange before that the descriptions of desired expertise are sole-sourced from the roles/bodies themselves. This doesn’t seem strictly required by RFC 7437, though, so I wonder if there might be room to consider changes or improvements to that process in future cycles.

I would also be curious which of the “expectations” you think apply to the community as a whole, given that the “leaders” are all drawn from the community. I would hope most of them apply, optimistically.

Alissa