Re: Fwd: General non-confidential input to NomCom

To add to the point Eliot made below, the results of that marking exercise showed that there were some differences in how folks assumed different aspects of the meetings would be treated.  After some discussion, the guidance appears likely to be to make everything public that does not have reputational risk for an individual or group (so personnel discussions and discussions of the relationships of the IETF to other groups would not be public, to take two examples).

The IAB is running the next two meetings as if they were public (internally marking different sections for public/private, etc.) as a kind of dress rehearsel, and I expect a final plan shortly after that.

Speaking personnally, I've found it a lot simpler to create meetings that were open by default from the beginning (as we are doing for the new IETF Administration LLC Board), but I don't we're far out from an agreement on how to adjust the current practice.

Ted Hardie