Re: [Iasa20] Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.txt> (Update to the Selection of Trustees for the IETF Trust) to Best Current Practice

> On Sep 21, 2018, at 3:57 PM, John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> In article <153756470188.20283.12048259576780413892.idtracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>> The IESG has received a request from the IETF Administrative Support Activity
>> 2 WG (iasa2) to consider the following document: - 'Update to the Selection
>> of Trustees for the IETF Trust'
>> <draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.txt> as Best Current Practice
>
> This is ready to go.  Separating oversight of the trust from the
> business management of the IETF would be a good idea even if the
> demise of the IAOC didn't force us to do it.

I concur.  It made sense to have the Trustees be members of the IAOC when the IETF Trust was first created, but now with the creation of the IASA 2.0 model, what is proposed here is the right thing to do.

Bob