Re: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-15

> If the PSK does get additionally purposed for encryption, please make sure
> to use a modern key derivation hierarchy to provide separation between the
> authentication and encryption usages.

I would venture to say we wouldn’t use the PSK for that. Our options are to negotiate a shared session key with the asymmetric keys already being used, use DTLS or TLS, or use lisp-crypto and have control messages encapsulated I the LISP data-plane. And yes, the later has 6 cipher suites with combinations of all the latest and greatest in Crypto (but not Edward Curves).

Dino