Re: [Netconf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis-06.txt> (YANG Library) to Proposed Standard

Hi,

On 7/30/2018 4:10 PM, Mahesh Jethanandani wrote:
Hi Lou,

On Jul 30, 2018, at 10:01 AM, Lou Berger <lberger@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

     I have a late comment on this document that I discovered while reviewing draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf.  Sorry about the timing, but better to make the comment now rather then as an errata...

This document says:
    All NETCONF servers supporting YANG 1.1 [RFC7950] are required to
    support YANG Library (see Section 5.6.4 of RFC 7950).  NETCONF
    servers implementing the NETCONF extensions to support the NMDA
    [I-D.ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf] MUST implement at least the version
    of the YANG library defined in this document.  Similarly, all
    RESTCONF servers are required to support YANG Library (see Section 10
    of RFC 8040).  RESTCONF servers implementing the RESTCONF extensions
    to support the NMDA [I-D.ietf-netconf-nmda-restconf] MUST implement
    at least the version of the YANG library defined in this document.

I read this as an  update to RFC7950 and this should be noted in the document header, the abstract and Intro.
Your read of the update to RFC7950 is that it should now reference rfc7895bis in Section 5.6.4. Is that correct? How is that different from 7895bis obsoleting 7895, and thus all references to 7895 should now be to 7895bis?
All this means is that  draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis should note it updates RFC 7950 in the header and abstract...

Lou

Lou