RE: [core] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-core-object-security-13

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your review! I now have updated the draft with improvements from your comments, see inline. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Francesca

Actually, the first sentence discusses nonces since they are constructed from Partial IVs, which are basically the Sequence Numbers. I added this precision, at the end of the second sentence.

OLD:  An AEAD nonce MUST NOT be used more than once per AEAD key. The uniqueness of (key, nonce) pairs is shown in Appendix D.3, and in particular depends on a correct usage of Partial IVs.

NEW: An AEAD nonce MUST NOT be used more than once per AEAD key. The uniqueness of (key, nonce) pairs is shown in Appendix D.3, and in particular depends on a correct usage of Partial IVs (which encode the Sender Sequence Numbers, see Section 5).

> Nits/editorial comments:
>     In the first paragraph of 3.3, the text reads:
>   The requirement that Sender ID SHALL be unique in the set of all security
>   contexts using the same Master Secret, Master Salt, and ID Context
>   guarantees unique (key, nonce) pairs, which avoids nonce reuse.
>     Unfortunately, that is not a grammatical sentence.

I think this sentence was too long to be readable, so I tried to split it up. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

NEW: This means that Sender ID SHALL be unique in the set of all security contexts using the same Master Secret, Master Salt, and ID Context; such a requirement guarantees unique (key, nonce) pairs, which avoids nonce reuse.