Re: [102attendees] CFP: Request for Conversation (HotRFC) lightning talks

Hi Aaron,

I have published an IETF draft titled: IP address space re-classification

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deshpande-intarea-ipaddress-reclassification-00

My draft explains about the need to add a Virtual address space to the present IP address classification.
As I am located in India I cannot attend in person. However as many other drafts similar to mine have been published since my draft, I am requesting a review of my draft and a time slot for remote conference (if it is required for me to explain or clarify anything).

Basically my draft explains about the limitations brought about by the property of finite space where a connected route is also path connected: 1. IPv6 strives to eliminate NAT. However NAT is implicit in the Virtual address space due to the dual origin considerations (Internet and Network). 2. Path information (AS Path information from BGP) can be analysed by re-running the routing protocol in the virtual address space. Alternate routes for a single route (similar to multi-homing across ISPs) can be established through the parallel data pipeline. 3. Segment routing (programatically changing a route) is essentially occuring in the Virtual address space. Impact on EPN: For true SDN automation, the spread spectrum property (in Wireless networks) such as frequency hopping and time hopping should be made available to the Internet. IP flows can then be re-routed based on Content across regions, frequently used routes, time based re-routing, etc. This may not be feasible without a Virtual address space.

Thanks & Regards,
Vineet Deshpande
cell: 91-7259600661