Re: Possible BofF question -- I18n (was: Re: Possible OBF question -- I18n)

On Thu, 31 May 2018, Patrik Fältström wrote:
The serious question here is if IETF do have enough competence in I18N space or if IETF should drop that ball and give to some other SDO.

But the related question is whether any other SDO is any better.

I18N needs an unusual combination of computer and linguistic skills. I would be surprised if there were a lot of any people anywhere who have them both.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY