Re: IPv6 web server

Bonjour Christian,

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Christian Huitema <huitema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/14/2018 11:02 AM, Alexandre Petrescu wrote:

> Le 14/05/2018 à 16:34, Christian Huitema a écrit :
>>
>>> On May 14, 2018, at 7:08 AM, Alexandre Petrescu
>>> <alexandre.petrescu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>

>>> An IPv6 Draft on an IPv6 server is no more of a rant than a claim
>>> of IPv6 full access on an IPv6 access network.
>>
>> Nobody prevents you from placing a copy of an internet draft on an
>> IPv6 only server. But by definition a document only becomes an
>> internet draft if it is published in the internet draft repository..
>> Part of the process is that it becomes widely available, and the
>> authors do not control the publication process.
>
> I want to control the publication process of what I write, in some cases.
>
> In most cases I am very happy with the publication process of IETF.

The publication process of the IETF is part of the standardization
process. By participating in the process and submitting drafts, you give
up control of the publication process.

>> You can absolutely publish notes on an IPv6 only site -- the IPv6
>> turtle was a well known example. But those documents are not internet
>> drafts.
>
> Is an "Internet Note" a qualified naming at IETF?    I think I heard
> "Internet Engineering Note" or something like that.  Maybe that is
> what you meant...

No. I meant that this becomes a document of your choosing, such as for
example a technical report published by some organization. Just not the
IETF.

It is OK, Alex wanted it this way, we are going (I hope someone soon) post a copy on the mailing then it is  going to become an I-D.

Behcet
-- Christian Huitema