Re: IPv6-only IETF web server for publishing an Internet Draft?

--On Monday, May 14, 2018 11:19 +0200 Alexandre Petrescu
<alexandre.petrescu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> John,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> I understand the need of universal reachability, separation of
> experiments, and avoid of appeals.
>
> Allow me to wonder though whether the non-IETF XML format went
> through such experimenting before being enforced at IETF scale.

While I'm not sure what the two have to do with each other or
exactly what you are referring to, if you are referring to what
is known as the xml2rfc format,

(1) It is not "being enforced" (in either version).   You are
free to prepare and submit I-Ds, or even final pre-publication
RFC drafts in plain ASCII text format without getting anywhere
near XML.

(2) And, yes, there has been extensive experimentation and
discussion.  Some of us are fairly unhappy with the new version
and its documentation, but that doesn't change the history of
discussion, documentation, and, apparently, rough consensus.

   john