Re: Enabling DMARC workaround code for all IETF/IRTF mailing lists

TL;DR is really just the elevator pitch for why you should read the whole message.   It's a conversational grace.   I think the reason Kids These Days don't use email is as you say, that the design is wrong for an internet in which we can't trust other participants to be considerate.   A properly designed email system would almost certainly get substantial uptake from the younger generation, but what we have at present competes poorly with federated social solutions.