Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-13.txt> (IETF Plenary Meeting Venue Selection Process) to Best Current Practice

Pete:

Thanks for putting this document together. I have one overall comment and a couple of nits.

I think that an overall goal is missing. We try to share the load among IETF participants. That is the reason we rotate between North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Without this goal, the IETF might select the one perfect location and hold every meeting there.

Do you not think that the paragraph in 2.1 addresses this?

  We meet in different locations globally, in order to spread the
  difficulty and cost of travel among active participants, balancing
  travel time and expense across the regions in which IETF
  participants are based.

Or did you mean that you wanted it stated up front more clearly?

This comes from the core values section, which has not RC 2119 language.  I see nothing about it in the other parts of the document that have RFC2119 language.

Russ