Re: Proposed Photography Policy - Transparency and Leadership

On 3/2/18 7:51 PM, John Levine wrote:
In article <CABcZeBOCewC3JXd12uK2vAM3qBo3KiudAkWN1Dh2fWg3+TCw6Q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
Why should being a leader require you to have your picture publicly posted?
Your appearance isn't any necessary part of the leadership function.
We post videos of the plenaries on Youtube.

I certainly have sympathy for people who get a camera shoved in their
face even when they tell the photographer to stop, but this seems
to be getting awfully overcomplex in the traditional IETF manner.

Given that a substantial number of conferences have already adopted policies that are congruent with (or more stringent than) the one being proposed, can you clarify how this is "overcomplex in the traditional IETF manner" rather than "catching up to everyone else, albeit somewhat belatedly"?

/a