De: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> en nombre de Ingemar Johansson S <ingemar.s.johansson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fecha: jueves, 22 de febrero de 2018, 12:33
Para: "jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "<ietf@xxxxxxxx>" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>, Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx>
CC: Ingemar Johansson S <ingemar.s.johansson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Asunto: RE: On audio quality requirements for IETF meetings

    Hi

    This one sort of lost traction.
    The issue I raised is that the audio quality at IETF meetings varies quite a lot, ranging from quite decent all the way down to pretty awful. And it also varies quite a lot between small and large rooms at the same IETF meeting.

    Is there an interest to write up a set of recommendations around audio setup?
    The follow-up question is, would these recommendations be considered ?

    Carsten has a few good suggestions (below).  I raised the quite obvious topic that small line array speaker controls the sound dispersion better than the commonly used point sources.
    As I see it the recommendations range from the simple and cheap (e.g. use HP filters) to more expensive gear.
    The loudspeaker recommendations that I think of, as well as microphone recommendations are not necessarily more expensive to implement than the current gear that is rented for each IETF. It is more a matter of going from "pick any gear" to "pick among gear that falls into this category"

    Regards
    /Ingemar