Re: On audio quality requirements for IETF meetings

Hi all,

I’ve got the below question from Ingemar (confirmed with him that is ok to respond in the list).

This document:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palet-ietf-meeting-network-requirements/

is mainly about the network, but also “other” technical requirements, so I think it will be fine to include audio specs.

I’m sure we have some audio experts in the list that can figure out what will be the correct wording for our criteria on this?

I want to take the opportunity to ask the list for:
1) Please review the document, specially the NOC team and secretariat, but in general in case there are other technical requirements that aren’t being considered.
2) IETF chair/IESG, as the mtgvenue WG believes there is not good expertise there to evaluate this document, what is the path forward?

I don’t want to have the same experience as I had in 2006 with this document and the original draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria, which after hard work were silently ignored and we started the work from scratch in mtgvenue without even mentioning them.

This is another topic, but I want to mention it as it is a perfect example: I think this is a global IETF problem and we should somehow correct it. People do some work … is not considered by IETF, fine, but then after some time, somebody else take on that work and the original authors aren’t referenced. I think is a matter of basic politeness and acknowledgment.

Regards,
Jordi