Re: [Gen-art] Genart telechat review of draft-gutmann-scep-08

Replying to my own message: The proposed text would then read:

This specification defines a protocol, Simple Certificate Enrolment Protocol
(SCEP), for certificate management and certificate and CRL queries.  While
widely deployed (see the <xref target="background">Background Notes</xref>
section for more on the history behind SCEP and the nearly two decade-long
progress of this standard), this protocol ...

which I think explains the nature of the "widely-deployed" comment while not overloading things with a huge load of historical commentary.

Peter.