Re: IETF 101 travel tip

> On 21 Jan 2018, at 18:34, Jeff Tantsura <jefftant.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Last time I visited, beginning of December, Uber still worked, how about now?

As an experiment, I tried using Uber in December, and after 3-4 cars just vanished after being assigned to me, I gave up.  Looks best to avoid.

You can indeed use credit cards to get on/off the tube to pay-as-you-go.  I'd assume if you card lets you through the barrier then it's ok :)

There's also a nice app called Moovit that is an alternative to Google Maps for directions.

Take a look at https://tfl.gov.uk/, for tube maps, London travel statuses, etc.  Note that the tube map is abstract; it's often faster to walk than go into the bowels of the tube, along, and up out again.

For trains check out http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/.

Tim