Re: IETF 101 travel tip

Last time I visited, beginning of December, Uber still worked, how about now?

Uber lost its license to operate in October, but is operating semi-legally while they appeal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uber-still-working-in-london-is-ban-uk-england-legal-transport-not-down-night-bus-a7998436.html

But if it's OK with you that your driver is likely breaking the law and doesn't have insurance, sure, go ahead. Otherwise, check out Gett and Hailo.

R's,
John

The taxi drivers I talked to said they used Gett and Hailo, which seem pretty much indistinguishable.

For the most part, it's faster and easier to use your Oyster card on the underground or a bus, but taxis are useful if you have trouble walking or have a lot of stuff.