Re: www.ietf.org

Hi John,
At 10:56 AM 15-01-2018, John C Klensin wrote:
I decided to put this thread aside for the last several days and
have just reviewed it (and the ones is spawned) all at once.
After thinking about the various comments, some observations
(none completely original although my summary may be different
from what others have said in some cases) and a suggestion:

In 2009, if I recall correctly, Tony responded to a comment from the person managing the "new website" project about it being technically impossible to keep old links [1] working. There was also a discussion about Javascript [2] on the new website.

The process [3] followed is the usual for the IETF. The end product is "as is".

IETF policy is usually determined by the IESG. I am not sure about which body determines "IETF values". Tim Chown pointed out that 'words like "folks" are very US-centric'. I didn't receive any reply to my question about the Internet Governance Forum blog post even though the topic is prominently displayed on the home page.

The Internet is going through a reconfiguration.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. Information about that is available in RFC 7231
2. Javascript is covered in the SOW.
3. The SOW identified three groups as the audience.
4. https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg106082.html