Re: Today's transition for www.ietf.org

On 1/12/2018 8:10 AM, Dick Franks wrote:

On 12 January 2018 at 11:10, Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If we voted, I would vote for a rollback to the old site.

Anyone else thinking that a good idea

To me, I'm sorry I do not know but that depends largely if it was a project done by volunteers or people contracted.  As a lurker on-list it seems like a beta site has been available and people waited until it was launched to gripe.  Lead, follow or get out of the way.

If it was paid, the people should revert for a few days, work over the weekend to fix major issues and re-launch because there was plenty of time to way in on the design from the beta site.

If it was volunteer, leave the volunteers alone as you missed your opportunity to gripe and put the energy into constructive criticism.  Or put your skills where your mouth is and work on the issues yourself.

Just seems like some pretty vehement slams on the work going on to me that are unusual for the list so my $0.02.

Regards,

KAM