Re: Not a simple question

There can only ever be rough consensus on what 'rough consensus' means.

Lloyd Wood lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx http://about.me/lloydwood

________________________________
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@xxxxxxxxx>
To: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Pete Resnick <presnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ietf@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 5 January 2018, 7:22
Subject: Re: Not a simple question

On Jan 4, 2018, at 3:19 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is within the IETF context.

In the IETF context, there's only ever rough consensus, so the distinction doesn't matter.   Consensus means complete agreement of all participants.   I doubt that's ever happened in the IETF.

There can be debate on what "rough consensus" is, but I think that Pete's document does a good job of capturing it.