Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-11

Hi Joel,

On 1/4/18, 6:32 PM, "Joel Halpern" <jmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Reviewer: Joel Halpern
>Review result: Ready
>
>I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
>Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
>by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
>like any other last call comments.
>
>For more information, please see the FAQ at
>
><https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
>
>Document: draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-11
>Reviewer: Joel Halpern
>Review Date: 2018-01-04
>IETF LC End Date: 2018-01-16
>IESG Telechat date: 2018-01-25

>Major issues:
>    N/A; my concerns from earlier versions have been addressed.
>
>Minor issues:
>    I understand the WG likes using the term "overload" for a link being
>taken
>    out of service.  I think people will learn what we mean.  I do wish
>we had
>    not chosen to misuse the words in this fashion.  This is much more a
>    graceful-link-close indication (or clsoe-pending indication) than it
>is an
>    overload indication.

I agree with this comment but I wasn’t sure we’d reach consensus on a
better alternative. However, after some though and consideration of
current OSPF router terminology, I’d propose we use the term
“Pending-Shutdown”. Does anyone not agree that this is a more appropriate
moniker for the TLV and state?

Thanks,
Acee