Re: a list observation

--On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:01 +1100 Mark Andrews
<marka@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Audio quality is important for remote participation.  This
> includes good echo cancellation.  It really is hard to talk
> when you own voice is echoed back with a large delay.  I
> needed to manually mute the audio stream while talking which
> isn't the best.

+1
While doing a presentation, I decided to use a headset (rarely
needed because I've got high-end echo canceling gear) and just
ignored hearing myself in the room on delay.  I guess I didn't
find that as hard as you did, but it wasn't pleasant.  What I
don't know is what to do about it -- while I suppose it would be
possible to mute the in-room microphones while someone remote
has the virtual floor, I suspect that would not be compatible
with Meetecho's remote presenter mode.

    john