Re: On audio quality requirements for IETF meetings

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > But what I was asking was more on the line of “what audio quality” we
    > need for our meetings, in whatever terms an audio expert can define …
    > There must be a way to fix that in the document.

So you are thinking about things like:
   1) dB of absorption by walls (to prevent echo)
   2) dB of audio isolation between rooms
   3) amount of phase that the PA amplifier can echo cancel

?? (and that's the most technical I can get)

I was half thinking that we should have IPv6 enabled microphones in every
badge, and then:
  a) we don't have to run the mic
  b) jabber scribe will know who is in the "line"
  c) the badge/mic can be professional positioned each morning so that
     everyone can be "levelled"

Only half of of me thought it was a bad idea.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-