Re: On audio quality requirements for IETF meetings

Ted,

I think we are on exactly the same page.  Dead batteries are
something that we can predict and have seen many times before.
There is little excuse for not being prepared to adjust and
repair in very close to real time rather than treating each
incident as new and then starting to scramble.  .

And, yes, if the batteries are 9 volt or AAs, the issues I'm
concerned about with built-in rechargeables don't apply and
supplies can be obtained locally almost anywhere in the world,
so the logistical problems I mentioned really are no impediments.

Partially because of the time difference and unrelated
exhaustion, I got to fewer sessions than I usually do, but my
own impression was of things working nearly flawlessly from an
audio and video transmission and receipt standpoint.

   john

--On Saturday, November 18, 2017 01:06 +0800 Ted Lemon