Re: IETF 100 MeetEcho connectivity

On 11/12/2017 8:59 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 08:36:59PM -0500, Hector Santos wrote:
Hi, I was perusing the IETF 100 agenda and proceeded to click a
meeting video.

First, with javascript off (my security default), it thinks I need a
new browser. It should just say "This site requires javascript to
function."

Second, with javascript now enabled and the website white listed, it
took me to a series of clicks where I think I am required to register
even under "Read Only" mode.   I didn't click the Read/Write
(participant mode) option.

Is this read-only registration necessary?

It was conscious choice, yes.

There was previous discussion on (IIRC) this list.
  In particular, the thread starting at
  https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg102867.html

Note that the audio-only stream does not require this registration.

Thanks for the link.

I've always been an advocate for a "Basic Remote Member ietf.org" registration system, it would resolve all sorts of things and maybe good for recruiting.

But in this case, at that moment, it killed the interest I had to continue.

The videos (archive?) https://ietf100.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Recordings
here doesn't required log in.  Good material.

--
HLS