Re: letting IETF build on top of Open Source technology

Alia:

The SIDR WG wanted to reference rsync, but there was no stable reference that described the protocol, only the code.  A document was written to specify the rsync URL, and they is the only thing that is normatively referenced.  A reference to the protocol would be better, and I hope this BCP would allow that to happen in the future.

Section 2 is written as a list of questions.  In some cases it is unclear to me which answer to the question makes an acceptable normative reference.  A list of requirements would be more clear.

Russ