Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

Hi Miles,

inline:

On 27/10/2017 6:27 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Personal opinion:  The current mission statement is way too long. John
> Kennedy penned the prototypical mission statement "Land a man on the
> moon, before this decade is out, and return him safely to Earth."  The
> military is pretty good at mission statements, too: Short, sweet, too
> the point - who, what, where, when (how is for more detailed plans).

That is why we have the *vision* statement, which is short and sweet,
and seems to have strong support from large parts of the community.

> And, just to be clear, the true mission of ISOC has long been to provide
> a non-governmental, stakeholder controlled home for Internet Standards
> (i.e., IETF).  Everything else is fluff
Per the proposal, there are three main pillars: communities, technology,
and policy. I understand *you* consider two of these pillars "fluffy",
but others would obviously not agree with that :-)

Cheers,

Gonzalo