Re: Responses to questions about the new IETF privacy statement

as has been noted - the US has a rather strict law concerning collecting personal info (e.g. email addresses) (COPPA)
from persons under 13 - by law a parent’s specific permission is required before collecting such info

it would be great if people could figure out how enable such 12 year olds (or younger) to participate while  complying with the law

maybe its as simple as adding a “parent’s permission required for people under 13 - click here for more info”
but it would be good if one or more lawyers who understand US law to bless an approach

violations can get harsh - see
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2011/05/operators-online-virtual-worlds-pay-3-million-settle-ftc-charges

Scott