Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf-01.txt> (IETF: End Work on IPv4) to Proposed Standard

On 02/10/17 09:09, Eliot Lear wrote:
> Hmm.  Begins to seem like a good fit for the shepherd write-up, though...

Maybe. I'd be fine if the IESG had a policy that anything
that is IPv4-only has to be explicitly justified, either via
text in the relevant draft (or charter), or as part of a
shepherd write up. (Note though, that such a policy could,
and I hope would, be a fine precedent if someone proposed a
policy relating to privacy invasive technologies also requiring
explicit justification - that is a reason I'd support such a
policy for IPv4-only text but that might not work for other
folks.)

S.