Re: [Doh] what is this good for, WG Review: DNS Over HTTPS (doh)

On 9/24/17 11:12 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 2:36 AM, Patrik Fältström <paf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Can not whoever develops Javascript develop some correct libraries for usage of domain names?
>
> No.  See https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dispatch/0ZmU7MmN_ADb_pseJnPfjkyFjGQ

Well, I dunno - seems like the right answer might be
"maybe" (or possibly "maybe not").  We've had some discussions
with the W3C about it, which - granted - included Firefox
and some other browser vendors who are active in this discussion,
and they felt they were lacking a sufficiently compelling use
case rather than them having identified some security issues
which were disqualifying.

Melinda