IETF in Africa

Hi Gonzalo,

I am not sure whether you are aware that ISOC operates a mailing list for its IETF Africa initiative. Last Tuesday, I sent an message about an issue related to the initiative to a member of the ISOC Board of Trustees who was appointed by the IETF. I received a message about being unsubscribed from the IETF Africa mailing list approximately six hours after that. I sent an email to the list administrator to request an explanation. I did not receive any reply from the list administrator.

  (a) Is there an ISOC practice where people in Africa are expected to have
      their messages approved by the regional ISOC bureau before those
      messages are sent to a member of the Board of Trustees?

  (b) Why does ISOC have a different policy [1] for its IETF in Africa mailing
      list?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. There is a public archive of the discussions for the IETF in Latin America and the Caribbean.