Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website - next steps

Russ,
On 05/08/2017 03:57, Russ Housley wrote:
> A draft is currently posted at https://beta.ietf.org/links/

Thanks for this. A few comments:

1. I agree with Tim that the visual style isn't ideal. There isn't really enough
contrast. I hope the current fashion for pale print over a pale background will
soon go away. (This applies to the whole beta site, of course. Needs to be legible
in direct sunlight :-)

2. A few bits of content that I use fairly often are missing:

Under Internet-Drafts: Guidelines | Checklist
Contact the IETF (important things like ietf-action@xxxxxxxx)

3. There's a bar at the bottom with "RFC Editor IANA IAB" etc.
That's fine except it's so far down that I completely missed it
and was most of the way through typing a complaint that it wasn't there
until I happened to find it.

4. The links on that bar to "Secretariat" and "ISOC" seem to be advertising.
I think they need to go first to little "About" pages that explain the
roles of AMS and ISOC w.r.t. the IETF, then the links to AMS and ISOC.

Regards
     Brian