Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Screenshot from my screen:
>
> http://imgur.com/a/iJCLV

Here is what the sites look like on my mobile phone:

https://beta.ietf.org  ->  http://imgur.com/a/gFJLe

https://www.ietf.org   ->  http://imgur.com/a/iguEO

For me, the https://beta.ietf.org, besides wasting a considerable
amount of my monthly data volume, is pretty much completely useless,
whereas the old site comes up quickly, in an extremely familiar fashion,
and I can easily and quickly zoom into my area of interest.

The https://beta.ietf.org is like a toddler coming into a big
ballroom in search for his parents.  He can not see over tables,
so he has to run through the entire room around every table to
check all the chairs for his parents.

As an (6"4) adult, I'm more used to looking into a room,
glancing over all tables without _having_ to run through
the room.   The https://beta.ietf.org is forcing the
poor toddlers perspective of the world on me, forces
me to run through every passage and corner of a poorly
readable graphical maze, having to pick up every stone
and look below for what I'm interested in, making me
wait for the slowly loading page, wasting my mobile
internet volume, and wasting my time trying to discover
what is new or (ir)relevant.

:-(((((((

-Martin