Re: quick observation about remote participation registration

Mat,

On my badge, the registration number is printed on the back, under the bar code.

Cheers,
Andy

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Matthew Ford <ford@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20 Jul 2017, at 14:59, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> This is just an anecdote, but today I got to a room that was too
> crowded (I was late because of another obligation).  Unwilling to
> crawl over people, since I was the late one, I went back into the
> hall.  In previous meetings I used meetecho to follow along in this
> case, but since I hadn't registered it was a little troublesome.  I
> just used the audio, and it's no big deal, but it might be a useful
> illustration of one bit of friction that comes because of the remote
> registration thing (unless everyone registered on-site automatically
> gets a remote registration too, maybe conveniently printed on the
> badge or something).

Having my IETF registration number on my badge would have helped me just now when I chose Meetecho from the hallway over standing at the back of the room in saag. But I found my number easily enough with a quick search for ‘registrar’ in my mail archive.

Mat