Re: Which is the right "RFC2119" Boilerplate?

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 09:17:15AM +0100, Gmail wrote:

> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On 27 Jun 2017, at 04:29, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > And perhaps Stewart should look at the Errata for RFC 2119, if he has not already.
>
> It has been my long standing concern that for all practical purposes no one look at errata! Indeed I doubt that many will until the RFC Editor appends the verified errata to RFCs, or takes some similar approach with them.

Part of why I always use the https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfcNNNN URLs is that
they do indicate when errata exist.

> In this case I looked at the errata and could not see anything, what did I miss?

Hmm, there are more errata here than I remembered; sorry for making you do
guesswork.  I was thinking of EID 499, which adds "NOT RECOMMENDED" to
the list in the boilerplate, and is the first difference that idnits was
complaining about, if I was reading its output correctly.

> At a different level maybe we need an xml tag that  includes the 2119 boilerplate?

Seems useful.

-Ben