Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-avtext-lrr-05

It’s not a special meaning — this would mean a request to break the dependency chain for the base temporal and spatial layer, while allowing higher layers to continue using reference pictures across this break.  Figure 2 is a rough approximation of what’s desired, if you imagine it for temporal and spatial simultaneously.