Fwd: [Iasa20] Call for volunteers: IASA 2.0 design team

FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: Alissa Cooper <alissa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Iasa20] Call for volunteers: IASA 2.0 design team
Date: May 9, 2017 at 1:56:50 PM PDT

I think the community is at a point in the IASA 2.0 discussions where we are ready to form a design team to start evaluating options for the path forward. We have a good articulation of the set of problems we are facing in draft-hall-iasa20-workshops-report and draft-daigle-iasa-retrospective. We have some sense of the outcome properties that people are looking for here, based on list discussion. So I'd like to task a design team to go examine potential solutions to the problem set that fit the outcome properties, and come back to the community with recommended solutions. The scope of the solutions to be explored would include:

- Structural and organizational changes, both externally (with ISOC and contractors) and internally (within the IAOC and subcommittees)
- Changes to personnel resources, both volunteer and paid
- Transparency changes

For now, changes to the funding model would be out of scope to the extent they fall outside the categories above, although the design team's work should be informed by the prior discussion of funding challenges. The IAOC sponsorship committee is currently in the process of getting off the ground and I think it would make sense to have some of that discussion start there before merging it back in with the administrative discussion. And I think the administrative problems are articulated well enough for a team to get going with that focus.

My hope is that the design team would have something (even an interim something) ready for community discussion around the time frame of IETF 99. From there we can figure out what a logical next step would be.

If you’re interested in volunteering and willing to dedicate time to this work over the next several months, please send me email off-list by May 17, 2017 and I’ll sort out the team composition.

Thanks,
Alissa