Re: Khaled Routing Protocol (KRP) ID Submission.

Khaled:

Hi!

I took a quick look at your draft.  It seems to be proposing a way to assign IP addresses so that they contain information about regions and autonomous systems – and then suggesting that forwarding can be done based on that.  But you are not proposing a routing protocol (packet formats, protocol details, etc.)...

Note that the IETF has been responsible for defining IPv4/IPv6, but it is not responsible for the assignment of IP addresses, which seems to be the central point of your proposal.  IANA is responsible for allocating address blocks to the regional registries [1], but the allocation has already been such that it is too late to change the policies (which are not set by the IETF either) to match what you propose.

I recommend that you review the existing policies and what each organization is in charge of doing before writing another proposal.

If you want to have further discussions on this topic, please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Alvaro.

[1] https://www.iana.org/numbers