Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 09:42:57PM +0100, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> Hi Nico,
>
> On 04/04/17 21:24, Nico Williams wrote:
> > My unstated point was that the US border situation is not really
> > different from anywhere else.
>
> I disagree. I think that as of now, of the places in which
> we're likely to have face-to-face meetings, the uncertainty
> with respect to rule-changes involved in future US meetings
> is much higher than other places. Again, that's only in terms
> of places in which we're likely to meet in the next N years.
> That's a mega-negative for US-based meetings IMO.

	I welcome the data that is being collected vs all the
armchair responses.

	This reminds me of the IPv6-only question, there's the
zero users that were on the IPv6-only ssid in chicago.  This may
be a real issue, or not.

	I think the thread can end until the data is reported
and we can then provide our commentary on that.

	- Jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx