Re: IETF Last Call conclusion for draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-08

Robert,

> Ok so till a new document updates 2460bis any further work on EHs is frozen as it would reference 2460bis with new text. That was my main point.
>
> And what current EH implementations are supposed to do in the mean time ? Would IANA allocate codepoints for EH work before 2460bis is formally updated which in the current IETF speed is easy 2+years ?
>
> Note that without the proposed clarification none of the above obstacles exist.

Write a document describing the mechanism using header insertion. That document should cover the issues raised with header insertion in general. I don't think the document should update 2460bis. The general restriction still stands.

Best regards,
Ole